Meet Guix at FOSDEM
GNU Guix will be present at FOSDEM next month with talks on a number of areas of active development. The first one will be on Saturday, in the high-performance computing (HPC) track:
- Optimized and reproducible HPC Software deployment (Pjotr Prins and Ludovic Courtès).
- An introduction to functional package management with GNU Guix (Ricardo Wurmus);
- Composing system services in GuixSD (Ludovic Courtès);
- Reproducible packaging and distribution of software with GNU Guix (Pjotr Prins);
- Mes—Maxwell's Equations of Software (Jan Nieuwenhuizen);
- Adding GNU/Hurd support to GNU Guix and GuixSD (Manolis Ragkousis);
- Workflow management with GNU Guix (Roel Janssen).
FOSDEM takes place in Brussels, Belgium, on the 4th and 5th of February, with the Guile track all day long on Sunday 5th. Hope to see you there!
About GNU Guix
GNU Guix is a
transactional package manager for the GNU system. The Guix System
Distribution or GuixSD is an advanced distribution of the GNU system
that relies on GNU Guix
the user's freedom.
In addition to standard package
management features, Guix supports transactional upgrades and
roll-backs, unprivileged package management, per-user profiles, and
garbage collection. Guix uses low-level mechanisms from the Nix
package manager, except that packages are defined as
native Guile modules,
using extensions to the Scheme
language. GuixSD offers a declarative approach to operating system
configuration management, and is highly customizable and
GuixSD can be used on an i686 or x86_64 machine. It is also possible to use Guix on top of an already installed GNU/Linux system, including on mips64el and armv7.
Sauf indication contraire, les billets de blog de ce site sont la propriété de leurs auteurs respectifs et publiés sous les termes de la licence CC-BY-SA 4.0 et ceux de la GNU Free Documentation License (version 1.3 ou supérieur, sans section invariante, sans texte de préface ni de postface).