GNU Guix 0.8.1 released
We are pleased to announce the next alpha release of GNU Guix, version 0.8.1.
The highlights for this release include:
- A new port to ARMv7.
- New guix system vm options to share file systems with the host.
- New configuration interfaces for locale definitions and for nscd.
- The addition of a CPAN importer to guix import, and more checkers for guix lint.
- 164 new packages and 222 package updates.
- Many bug fixes and usability improvements.
See the original announcement for details.
About GNU Guix
GNU Guix is a functional package manager for the GNU system. The Guix System Distribution is an advanced distribution of the GNU system.
In addition to standard package management features, Guix supports transactional upgrades and roll-backs, unprivileged package management, per-user profiles, and garbage collection. It also offers a declarative approach to operating system configuration management. Guix uses low-level mechanisms from the Nix package manager, except that packages are defined as native Guile modules, using extensions to the Scheme language.
At this stage the Guix System Distribution can be used on an i686 or x86_64 machine. It is also possible to use Guix on top of an already installed GNU/Linux system, including on mips64el and armv7.
Sujets liés :Releases