libdaemon 0.14 Lightweight C library that eases the writing of UNIX daemons
Libdaemon is a lightweight C library that eases the writing of UNIX daemons. It consists of the following parts:
• A wrapper around fork() which does the correct daemonization procedure of a process
• A wrapper around syslog() for simpler and compatible log output to Syslog or STDERR
• An API for writing PID files
• An API for serializing UNIX signals into a pipe for usage with select() or poll()
• An API for running subprocesses with STDOUT and STDERR redirected to syslog.
APIs like these are used in most daemon software available. It is not that simple to get it done right and code duplication is not a goal.