bsd-games 2.17.0 Collection of the old text-based games and amusements
These are the BSD games. See the fortune-mod package for fortunes.
Action: atc (keep the airplanes safe), hack (explore the dangerous Dungeon), hunt (kill the others for the Pair of Boots, multi-player only), robots (avoid the evil robots), sail (game of naval warfare with wooden ships), snake (steal the $$ from the cave, anger the snake, and get out alive), tetris (game of lining up the falling bricks of different shapes), and worm (eat, grow big, and neither bite your tail, nor ram the wall).
Amusements: banner (prints a large banner), bcd & morse & ppt (print a punch card, or paper tape, or Morse codes), caesar & rot13 (ciphers and deciphers the input), factor (factorizes a number), number (translates numbers into text), pig (translates from English to Pig Latin), pom (should print the Moon's phase), primes (generates primes), rain & worms (plays an screen-saver in terminal), random (prints randomly chosen lines from files, or returns a random exit-code), and wtf (explains what do some acronyms mean).
Board: backgammon (lead the men out of board faster than the friend do), boggle (find the words in the square of letters), dab (game of dots and boxes), gomoku (game of five in a row), hangman (guess a word before man is hanged), and monop (game of monopoly, hot-seat only). Also the card-games: canfield, cribbage, fish (juniors game), and mille.
Quests: adventure (search for treasures with the help of wizard), battlestar (explore the world around, starting from dying spaceship), phantasia (role-play as an rogue), trek (hunt the Klingons, and save the Federation), and wump (hunt the big smelly Wumpus in a dark cave).
Quizzes: arithmetic and quiz.
- Website: https://github.com/vattam/BSDGames
- License: Modified BSD, Original BSD, Public Domain, FSF-free
- Package source: games.scm
- Patches: bsd-games-2.17-64bit.patch, bsd-games-bad-ntohl-cast.patch, bsd-games-gamescreen.h.patch, bsd-games-getline.patch, bsd-games-null-check.patch, bsd-games-number.c-and-test.patch, bsd-games-stdio.h.patch, bsd-games-prevent-name-collisions.patch, bsd-games-add-configure-config.patch, bsd-games-dont-install-empty-files.patch, bsd-games-add-wrapper.patch
- Builds: x86_64-linux, i686-linux, armhf-linux, aarch64-linux, i586-gnu, powerpc64le-linux